Thursday, March 30, 2006

Long Night

We had a little bit of work to do tonight but its over and now the night is dragging by like a thing that you have to drag that dont have wheels on it.....Yeah thats it. Any how we are back at the shop setting around watching each other age. It is that exciting around here. After getting back to the shop, I finished up on some paper work and put up my gear and now decided to settle down and blog a bit.

17 down and 13 to go (Hopefully not more.)

Normal converstation and the Work Band radio:

D: Ok Rudy we are going to check loop 50104. Kirk (kirk is the static that comes after you unkey the mic.)

Rudy: OK D it is ready go ahead.

D: Sending 0%.

Rudy: I see 0%.

D: Sending 25%.

Rudy: I see 25%.

D: Sending 50%.

Rudy: I see 50%.

D: Sending 75%.

Rudy: I see 75%.

D: 100%.

Rudy: I see 100%.

D: OK I think we can call this one good. Next is loop 50105.


Yep... It is that much fun. We get around 25 done a night due to locating the transmitter and fixing any wiring problems that might pop up. This is all done at night so imagine an Easter egg hunt at night with heavy cranes, scaffold and about 700 workers piled into the space about the size of 2 lots in the city. Not all transmitter are at waist high. Some require climbing and if you are lucky, it is a ladder climb and not hanging by your toes in a pipe rack about 30 feet about the concrete. We do have harnesses on but only tie off when we arrive at the meter.

Again I have managed to bore you with my work and I am truly sorry for this. Hope to have something better to blog about soon.

1 comment:

Ramblin73 said...

Better hang on with your toe nails.:) Hang in there....literaly.