Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Long Day

Today was my long day at work. I went in at 5:30am and left at 7:00pm. It is a pretty rewarding day. We have safety meetings and figure out how to make the plant a safer place. We normally give trinkets and a safety slogan at the gates but today we went to the individual areas and jotted down any safety concerns they might have. If you have an area that is sold on the process then you feed off the energy and can run with it but when you go to an area that is against it then it is mentally and physically taxing. The group is pressuring me to be the head of the committee but that involves a one year commitment out of my field. With only three people in the plant that can do my job and one of them is on light duty it makes it hard to consider knowing it would put allot of pressure on the other guy to fill my position while im gone. Oh well enough about the boring job crap.
Tonight I got home and Brando had about half of the dining room painted so guess what I get to do tomorrow. It does look nice and the pictures on the wall do look more pronounced. Tomorrow shouldnt be that busy.

No comments: