Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Wires Wires Wires


I went up to my brother in laws house today to see were we are going to mount the new electrical meter loop and disconnect. We have mapped out where the 200 amp breaker box in going to be located then we have to rewire the whole house. I cringe at the thought to all of the wires and having to keep them straight where they all go. The last time I took on an undertaking of this magnitude was when my bro and I rewired my house. It took about three day to complete and then we reinsulated the attic. I couldnt see the new insulation laying on top of old nob and tube electrical wiring. The house would have went up like a roman candle within a year. My next project at the house will be installing a pull down ladder to access the attic and the building a storage area upstairs. Then when $ allows I will build a couple of bed rooms up there and a stair case in Yin room will access the upstairs. At that point Yin & Yuri's bedroom will move upstairs. I would also like to build a bi-level elevated play house for the kids, complete with a tree platform with a plank bridge spanning between the two. Then next I will win the lottery....Well I have dreamed enough.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

You guys are so handy. We are useless and envious.