Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tuesday


I got home from work and was surprised by my darling Brando with homemade RIBS. My favorite!!! What a wonderful surprise. They were AWESOME! After eating more than my fill we started weeding the flower beds. Then spreading ne mulch and then mowed the yard. Brando was mowing then I did the weed eating. I was going to spray the ditch but it was a little too windy and the over spray would get the yard. Hopefully tomorrow will be nice calm and dry to get the spraying done.

After the yard work I strolled to my neighbor G's house and visited for a short while. His mom is here to visit from Idaho and was getting ready to go back home. G wanted to do something nice for his mom because she likes Geocaching so he asked if I could load some caches into here handheld so she wouldnt have to do it by hand. I took her GPSr and loaded 450 of the nearest active caches to her house. That should keep her busy for a while. She loves caching but never got an account or logged a cache until she came here. In the week she was here she has goten over 50 caches and has logged an event as well as logged several geocoins. It is reallly fun to see a new cacher get addicted to the game. It reminded me of my Bro and how interested he was in it when we did one of my first caches and his first cache together. It was really fun. We couldnt wait to do the next one. Then when I explained the sport to my darling Brando, I could tell by the look on her face that she thought it was kind of stupid, but after I got her to go on the first cache, she was hooked. It is funny how this happens. One of my friends at work told me how he saved his money to get his first GPSr and his wife thought he would never use it and was a waste of money. Then he told her about geocaching and she then thought it was a waste of time and money. Then he took her on her first cache and she thought it was pretty neat. Then she called him at work the next day to tell him that she had skipped out of work and had found several caches that day while he slaved away at work. How the opinion changes after the person has found there first cache. The adrineline rush and the anticipation to hear those fateful words, "I FOUND IT!!!" It is an awesome game.

Happy Caching Everyone.