Thursday, September 04, 2008

STRIKE AVERTED!!!!!


STRIKE AVERTED!


I think The Girls and I have come to an agreement. They will lay the eggs and I will continue to feed and water them. Clause 3 paragraph 2 states that the care giver will make sure the workers of The Girls & Double U Egg Factory, (they get top billing), will provide ample food and water at all times. There was a jocking for position at the signing and they threw in a last minute amendment for an occasional romp around the yard.

Feeling particularly bad about the horrible conditions that The Girls had to endure, I was caught in a weak moment and agreed to all demands. Now I check on there amenities every day when I get home and check on them, of the evening, to see if there are any problems with their accommodations. So far egg production has increased to 4 eggs a day. Now we are seeing white eggs so the offenders are now starting back to work.

What they don't know is that they are working for chicken feed and their union rep. didn't mention anything about a health care or pension plan. I hope they don't get wind of that or I may be hiring scabs. Oh well, they signed a 2 year contract so after the contract is up and they strike again there maybe some jobs on the chopping block. Literally!

(Oh yeah it is also written in the contract that when referring to them in writing, I must capitalize The Girls. What can you say? There only chickens.)

No comments: