Sunday, August 31, 2008

Chickens on STRIKE!!!!

Well they gone and done it...... They done went and struck on me. After all I have done for them, they do this. For the past few days we have only gotten 2 eggs out of 8 chickens. I know which ones are holding out.

It's the White Pearls because for about a week now we have only been getting brown eggs and those are layed by the Black Star hens. I think I have figured out the major malfunction..... I haven't been squeezing them hard enough...He he he. NO I am just kidding.

I think I haven't been feeding them enough and it took a while to show and now since I have purchased a new feeder, and there is corn and laying mash a plenty, it will take a while before I see any more production from the hens.

I hope to see some production increases in the next week or so. Not sure how long it takes to get their little systems cranked back up. I may have to concede to their contract demands but, I think daily foot massages and heated roosts are a bit much.


Uh-Oh I've been had!

(The only picture I got of their super secret union meeting before being spotted and flogged back up to the house. I barely made it with the camera intact.)

No comments: