Thursday, April 12, 2007

Brandos a Genius

Our Easter weekend was highly enjoyable. We spent time with family and friends and the kiddos spent time with there Paw Paw and Nee Nee. After the festivities we ventured home to spend Monday getting the house in order and getting some projects done. I still needed to marry the tube slide from hell to the playset from hell where Brando wanted it. She purchesed a cedar 2X4 for me to use as a support for the slide on the side of the playset. It was a difficult ceremony but we managed to get the unlikely two together and the kids enjoyed the reception.










Here is what it looks like.





Here is a shot from the inside complete with kitchen set and lightsaber.





The next project was super secret so I cant tell you about it but it is an expansion of the old goldfish pond by the patio. Ooops I told you. Anyhow it is back breaking, muscle straining work. We dug the pond for 2 days with only working on it about 6 hours total. I was really impressed on how far we got in such a short amount of time and I could not have done it without the help from my Father-in Law, G and my wonder Bro, Pilot. They were both big help in getting this project off the ground. With the pond dug and the liner installed, I placed the garden hose in the pond and started filling it just as the rain started to fall at 8 oclock Tuesday night. I was happy to get this liner in before the bad weather but we had to work like dogs to do it. Thanks for all the hard work.





Here is what the pond looks like now. It is kind of hard to see but you can tell how much bigger it is going to be compared to the old pond.

Yes we had a wonderful weekend. I would like to thank Ragged and Cynical for having us over and inviting us to the local Japanese Steak House for lunch. From the sound of it, with the amount of the good food that lunch offered, we would not have survived supper. Maybe next time we will make an attempt.

2 comments:

K_Dense73 said...

She looks good and Rudy is a genius too.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

It was good to see you guys this week! The pond is huge and it's goig to be amazing. Keep us informed with progress shots.