Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Update on the Sins of Work




(What I wanted to do to the supervisor.)


Today we had a meeting with the powers that be and arrived at a decision that hopefully will allow both partys walk away less pissed off. The meeting went something like this:



PTB: First and formost I would like to apologies for what has happened. I oversteped my authority in promising you a day off and have been talking to my supervisor and we have come to a offer that you guys will find beneficial. We are offering you a half a day off and you can take any three days of vacation and move them anywhere on the calendar regardless of quota. (they will only let 6 guys off at a time since we have 33 in the shop. Getting your vacation in can be a real chore around the holidays.)



Me: I can accept that and we all know where the problem lies. Basically you made a decision and thought you could deliver on it and your supervisor didn't. And I can accept an apology from someone who admits they were wrong and made a mistake.



I told my co-worker going in that if he apologizes first thing I am more apt to let him off the hook. If he does not admit to wrong doing and denies what he said then Lord help him because I will not. I think he took the smart way out and I really do think he could get it done but due to the his tight a$$ boss that didnt back him up he basically fell on his face.



As far as I am concerned this chapter is closed and we didnt end up with the screwin that I thought we would end up getting. Also instead of them telling us that we are going to be a department of 2 they are giving us 2 more guys to train. Looks like the future of the department is looking up. Lets keep our fraggin fingers crossed.


2 comments:

Ramblin73 said...

You go Lobo!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Good deal. And you have to admit that owning up to a mistake sure does make it all easier on everyone. Good for the guy who made the promise. Good for you for graciously accepting it.