Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Long Cold Winters Night


As you can tell from Pilots blog we did not have gas for several hours last night. I was finally informed by a friend that the gas rupture had been fixed for over an hour and there was two gas company people running around turning on everyones gas meter and lighting pilots. Taking matters into my own hands I called the gas company and asked if I could turn it on myself. The man said i can not authorize you to do it but I am sure there should be no problem. I was afraid that since we are on the outskirts of town and would be the last to have the meter turned on. After turning my gas on and lighting all pilots, my father in law was next. While doing this I called Pilot (the brother and not a gas pilot because gas pilots done have phone numbers and that is just crazy anyway) so he could get his turned on. I also got my future sister in laws house lit, the Masonic lodge and went to a couple of elderly folks houses to check on them. Both houses had notes telling that they spent the night somewhere else for the evening. I visited Pilot to make sure his was all lit. I finally got home about 9 oclock and was able to warm up. Needless to say, I slept like the dead and woke to a nice warm house and didnt want to get out of bed.

No comments: