Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Self Centered


I have realized something since the current family crisis. I DONT DEAL WELL WITH STRESS. I must be the worst person on the planet when it comes to dealing with stress. At first news of the crisis, I was away and stessed about getting home to be with family. Upon arriving home I enjoyed very breifly the reunion of our family at the airport. Back to bleek thinking. I have taken every last bit of stress out on my wonderful wife and kids. In some way I think that I have been trying to keep as busy as possible to try to keep my mind off the problem so to relieve the situation but as soon as I have a slow moment then BAM. I now know that I am no good in stressful situations and at a loss at how others do it. Some people thrive in turmoil and confussion. I wilt like a flower. I hope that this crisis and self awareness of the terrible person that I become during these situations will help me get better. Now that the family crisis has subsided a bit I have just now let myself feel the sorrow about the Erwin family. Its like my mind said NOPE you are at your limit before you have a meltdown so we will block this feeling for now. I am not sure what it is....Self preservation or Self centered. I do feel terrible and also feel lucky to have such a wonderful family. Family is...... Family is the people who make up for your own short commings. I hope there are no more stressful situations but if there are I hope to do better in the future.

1 comment:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I suspect all of your feelings are shared by those around you and are certainly a natural reaction.