Saturday, April 19, 2008

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!

Hows everyone out there in blogger land???? Just wanted to drop a few lines to all those that tune in every six months or so to see if Rudy has gotten off his lazy A$$ to post. Well I have and it will be a dooooozy of a post.

What am I gonna post about you may ask? Well what else have I been doing for the last 6 months of my life.....working......and endless amount of work due to back to back, pushed back due to gas crack spreads (yes I said it.....CRACK SPREAD! he he he) Turnarounds. And we have yet another one in July through to August. How do I cope you may ask? Well the first thing you do is take all the photos of your life outside of work and shove them in a locker so you can see how happy you were when you had a family and a life.

The pictures that remind you that you had a life just depresses you anyway. I mean, who really needs a loving wife and two wonderful kids. By now I bet they don't even know who I am any more. All I need to do is send my money home and pull up a cot and stay here 24/7. I have everything a person could need right here......like conversing with idiots......frustration with simple tasks.........and a wall to bang my head against.....what more could a man want.

Is it selfish of me to want a normal life? For my kids to not look at me as a stranger as I drag myself through the house on the way to the bed? Yeah I bet it is. If I really needed it, my work would have provided it for me. Sorry for all the complaining but this post comes after working 30-12hr days straight and then being swung to 12 hr nights with about another week or so to go. All this while trying to deal with the death of a family member, a death of a family pet and an earthquake. When does the fun ever stop???? Please go outside and take a deep breath for me. I will be a bit before I will have the luxury.

(crack spread is money spent per brl of oil vrs money made per brl of product recently 70 cents)

3 comments:

Brando said...

Who are you? Have you seen my hubbie? Really good looking guy. brown hair and nice legs. ;)

You were so great yesterday. Thanks for all the help with the horse. Sorry I had to wake you up.

I love you lots and lots.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I'm worn out just hearing about your long hours. And I know your family misses you as much as you miss them.

Ramblin73 said...

Monte my long lost brother. Where have you been? I thought I had lost you. Hope this crap is over soon so we can spend some time together. I miss you bro.