Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Bird In The Hand = Messy Hands


Yesterday at work we were patrolling the East side where there is a sizable pond. To accompany the pond is your normal pond wild life. At this time of year you can expect to see alot of geese and there little ones all around. We drove up to a couple and saw the Mamma Goose and Daddy Gander was scared away from there goslings so I steped out of the vehicle and walked over to one of them and I couldnt resist. I picked it up. It was really cute by gooses standards, I guess and I only held it for a moment and noticed that GOOSZILLA pair had gotten there courage up and was headed my direction. Not wanting a conflict I made sure to place the little fella in the road where I found him and back away to the safety of the vehicle. We watched as the two little guys made it back to there parents. It was such a neat moment. When Momma and Daddy goose corraled me back to the truck and I was safe inside my good ole buddy "G" said, "I should have locked you out of the truck. You would have S--t." Yep thats my good ole buddy "G", always looking out for me in this magical moment. We drove by again today to check on them and they are doing fine. All the family is together.

PS : When handling a scared cute baby gosling you will need to wash your hands afterward.

No comments: