Monday, June 01, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YURI!!!!

Today is my baby boy is 10 years old. Can you imagine that? I am shocked. It hit me this morning that he is 10 years old. I took him to the movies this weekend to see the new Star Trek flick. We got home at 11:45 pm and he was really fighting to stay awake. I think he saw the whole movie. We stopped at McDs before the movie so that I would not have to get a small loan for the popcorn and soda. I think he liked the movie pretty good. I know he was upset when his Mom and I went without him a week ago.

He is getting big and seeing him every day it is hard to gauge just how big he is getting. I know that he is getting big when he can wear Brandos flip flops and they fit. Also he is pretty close to Brandos height. I know that I am constantly on him about one thing or another but, when I am at work and have a moments peace to think about it, I just thank God that he blessed us with the best child anyone can hope for. He is helpful and loving and caring and has a pretty good head on his shoulders. He has made a mistake or two but such is life as a child.

I love Yuri with all my heart and he makes me proud of him with the decisions he makes. I have seen him open doors for the elderly with out them muttering so much as a thanks and seen him do it again and again. He can play the piano and sometimes I want to cry at how well he can play a piece at such a young age. I have seen the boy that he has become and hope that when he becomes a young man, he understands why I am here to be his father and not his best friend. If done right, like my father done for me, one day he will realize what had to be done for his sake.

Yuri I love you so much and want to wish you a Happy 10th Birthday. I give you all the credit in helping me become the dad that I am. I know I am not always the best dad in the world but you have made me alot better than I was. You are the best son and I could have ever hoped for.

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY YURI!!!!!!

No comments: