Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wolf Creek Cemetery

Not the site.....The place. Today my sweetie Brando took me to a place I have wanted to go for a while. It wasn't Disney by no means but pretty neat all the same. It was a little known cemetery called Wolf Creek Cemetery. We got the coords off Google and headed on our way. It doesn't have any signage to speak of but it is the only cemetery anywhere close to the original coords which were pretty close. Here is a pic of the small cemetery.





We also ventured a bit further North and went to Wolf Creek State Park. The rangers were really nice and I told them I was sorry they were on the list to be closed down November 1st and our little park was on the block a few years ago and we rose such a stink we pulled it back from the brink of destruction. Ok a bit over dramatic but still it was a good accomplishment. Here is a pic of the state park sign.






Brando and Yuri went on a small hike while I stayed with sleeping Yin in the car. When they came back they had little mites all over there socks and we had to douse them with insect repellent just in case they were biting nasties. Here is a pic of their adventures of Lake Shelbyville.






I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. It went way too fast.

No comments: