Thursday, May 08, 2008

If Ya Wanna Get The Gooduns Ya Gotta Dig Deep

Well my bro and his girlfriend is on vacation. I wanted to help so we are house sitting while they are away. The work isnt too taxing. We just have to bring in the mail and watch over the kitties. It has been a while since I have had cats so I forgot what it was like.

When I stepped into the door today there was something that resembled a turd in the floor. Knowing that cats dont crap in the floor I investigated further. It was a glob of dried up hair aka a hairball about this side of my small finger. I felt bad for the furry fella that it came out of. I checked on the two housemates of my bros and they were just fine.

Then I had to go check on their food. It was bone dry. It went from two heaping bowls to licked clean in two days. Mind you these are not small bowls. The water was fine but I gave them fresh water. I thought to myself where did all that food go to......then I looked in the litter box. HOLY COW does my brother have cats or cows. They were as big as the scooper. I started doing the nasty and when I thought the chore was done I did a cursary scoop then I hit the muther load. I had to put my back into it. I swear it was the size of a small saucer.

It heaved and grunted and thought about figuring out a way to use the cat litter box side as a fulcrum to haul up the stinky mass. Finally the big fella relented and I had just enough strength to dump it in the bag. THUD!!! Double bagging and double knotting was pretty tough when the bag just fits around it. Like the title says, if you wanna get the gooduns ya gotta dig deep. What a whopper. Hurry home bro, I dont think my back can take it.

No comments: