Friday, December 19, 2008

READY OH SO READY!

I am ready for vacation. I am suppose to get out of here at 3:30 pm but the way things go you just never really know. I don't mind working over if I have to but I hate hate hate the call-outs. Officially my vacation does not start until 11:00 pm Sunday night so they can call as much as they want to until then. However I have been called out on vacation before and was stupid enough to come in thinking they would be thankful and greatful for me giving up a couple of hours to help them out. That will never happen again.

I am ready to head South the my folks house. I hope we get Yin well enough to travel. She has been suffering from a very colorful stomach bug. She showed us her digestive pyrotechnics last night twice in the van, once in the hallway and a couple of times on the couch. Brando called and said she seems to be doing better.

We have cleaned all the stomach paint that was so artfully displayed all over the house with towels. I think we are out of clean towels now. Lets hope the onslaught is over. If she has the same thing as a fellow co-workers child had we are in for a second wave from the other end.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. This is a very stressful time for most but I know I put a lot of stress on myself from stuff I can not control and in retro spec really don't matter too much. I have been trying to remind my self to ask myself a question when I find myself obsessing over something. I ask myself will it really matter a year from now? If the answer is yes then continue with the obsession but if not try to drop it from your thoughts. I know....Easier said then done.

No comments: