Tuesday, May 12, 2009

As you may know....

The energizer bunny ran out of juice. Also I ended up losing another chicken to the other hens. It was in the coldest part of the year and I was heading into a turnaround of about 40+ days of 12 hour shifts. The chicken that was attacked by the dog was in pretty good shape but with the addition of the other chicken that the others had pretty much mangled from pecking, they became too much work to keep them around. Wish thing would have happened different but instead of prolonging it any further, I decided to do the most humain thing I could do. Like I said wish the timing wasnt so bad because I am resonably sure that both would have pulled through with some TLC and alot of time and effort but due to work schedule, I had neither. Rest in piece little chickens.

No comments: